TO THE HONOURABLE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF THE NORTHERN TERRITORY:
WE THE UNDERSIGNED RESPECTFULLY SHOWETH
That the Barneson Boulevard and Tiger Brennan Drive final duplication stage project (the project) will severely disadvantage the residents of Darwin City and surrounds.
- The disadvantages arising from the project include but are not limited to:
- Loss of irreplaceable cultural, botanical and historical assets
- The uncovering of, and exposure to seriously degraded land
- The destruction of public open space
- A city in direct opposition to good planning practices specifically in regards to traffic management
- The breaking of the proposed light rail pathway
- The loss of trust from the residents of Darwin CBD and surrounds given that the public consultation process has been revealed to have been flawed.
The flaws/falsehoods identified in the Public Consultation Process include but are not limited to:
- No trees in Frog Hollow will be touched
- There are no contaminants in the road pathway
- There was no indication that at certain points the road will be 8 lanes wide
YOUR PETITIONERS THEREFORE HUMBLY PRAY THAT
The NT Government will immediately cease the project in entirety and engage with all stakeholders in an open process in order to create a well-designed CBD.